Find your luck!

Hello there,

Has any childhood memory made you make a card?? I had just seen the bug cards on CASology and I loved the super inspiring take by the DT and their guest designer, Hannelie Bester. Although, I knew I have no time this week and that I'll not be able to make anything, I made a card! Combining sketch, colours and idea from all the blogs I follow. St. Patricks day and clover cards fill my IG feed.. so inspired by the card makers around the world and adding what brought luck to me as we in India do not celebrate St Patrick's day, I thought of this card! Actually, I also had this sentiment in a stamp set, called finders keepers, which I had never used. I googled what it meant and then this idea struck me! (Finders Keepers, losers weepers.. oh man! I know what it means!)

Lady bug!! Do you have memories of picking one.. wishing and blowing it away to fly?? I have! We were told it brings good luck.. and we used to go hunt for these.. just to pick them from the grass and shrubs.. make a wish and blow them away :D (and those who wouldn't find one.. were losers)



So these are my memories in a card. It's quite different and I know not very likable but I am so happy.. because it took me to those grass fields and gardens, where we (me, my brother, our friends.. we were so little and thankfully technology came in late) looked for these, hiding underneath a leaf.. I just got my childhood memories back!



Joining in at

CAS colours and sketches












CASology












Simon says stamp work it wednesday february

CAS-ual fridays - 195

Comments

  1. Lovely and refreshing card ishani..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Childhood memories are the best! Love your take on the cue! Clever... and yes it's beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Hannelie.. I was so excited to make it.. putting everything together!

      Delete
  3. A lovely CAS card. So fresh and open. I like your story finders keepers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Skye.. I know it's a bit.. weird.. but I had so much fun!

      Delete
  4. This is fantastic!! Love the fresh green!! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anna.. You are always so kind :)

      Delete
  5. Just saw your card in the CAS colours and sketches challenge and I had to stop to tell you how beautiful it is ! This sketch is fabulous and your take on it is so fresh and stunning ! Love it ! Have a great WE !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Isabelle.. so glad to see that you came here to encourage me.. thank you for your love.

      Delete
  6. Awesome card! Great job combining the two challenges. Gorgeous greens and I love the little hidden bug! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S. AND Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, so glad to know that you liked it :)

      Delete
  7. I love ladybirds (as we call them here in the UK) and the little hint of red through the leaves is a great idea. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! Love the dimension the leaves bring to the design!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card and the story behind it! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays for our going green challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your memory sparked CASology's HM win...as it should. This card is so sweet. Thank you, kindly, for your lovely comments on IG and my blog. They're so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish