Blessings of Goddess Laksmi

Namaste friends,

I am a devoted Hindu, a God fearing person. And though it's not very common in other religions but we Hindus associate few special things with different Gods. Today I have a card of Goddess Laksmi, using a beautiful stamp from Craftangles designed by my dear friend Radhika. I had bought this specially because there are many occassions in the Hindu community when I can use this stamp.

A little about Goddess Lakshmi - also spelt Laxmi. Lakshmi is depicted in Hinduism as an elegantly dressed, embellished with gold ornaments, prosperity-showering Goddess. She typically sits on a lotus pedestal and holds lotus in her hand, a symbolism for fortune, self-knowledge and spiritual liberation. She also means good luck to Hindus. 

So here is my goddess of wealth, prosperity, of both material and spiritual. I didn't choose to put a sentiment as it can be used as per the occassion, like on Hindu festival Diwali or for new home or to wish good luck.

Craftangles, Zig clean colour brush pens, Tombow dual brush pens, stenciling, masking, Quillish, Lakshmi card, Laxmi card, diwali card, new home card, house warming card, goddess lakshmi card, card by Ishani

I used masking for the stencil to be used as Halo of the Goddess.





Coloured with Zig clean colour brush pens and Tombow markers. Some Distress ink blending for the background and Ikat stamp in gold for finishing the background.. tadaa.. I hope you like my card.

Comments

  1. Beautifully made ,it's not often we get to see handmade card with our Indian images !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Ishani - love how you have used masking and the stencil to such great effect, and your background sponging is beautiful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goddess Laxmi looks gorgeous all with your colouring and shining through your stenciled BG. Love your ink blending ishanIđź’•❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish