Memories from the Camera roll

Hello there,

A very warm welcome to my crafty space where I am sharing a memory with you. Remember those days when we had camera rolls and pictures, atleast we would have them in an album to flip through. The digital age, makes memories but no time to revisit them easily. Unless you get the prints out. Do you also remember how as kids we would be excited when the camera was out, for special occasions mostly, birthdays, cousins visiting, picnics, outings? I tried to recreate those years, with the kids-all happy and the pets- all jumpy!

The fabulous die cut was gifted by my very talented card making friend Deepti Aggarwal and I knew I must do something that makes us all nostalgic.

Bright smiles on the kids, brightened every one's day, even while flipping the albums.


waffle flower, Ink blending, Miss you cards, Everyday cards, Card for him, card for her, Tombow dual brush pens, distress inks, Ink blending, thinking of you, quillish


 I adore these kids, they remind me of me, my brother and our cousins. I tried to create a different background on each of the frame, and then the kids on the foreground. To fit them in the frame I had to chop off some body parts..oohh.. it hurt me too... and am so sorry I had to do it! I loved to make the little elements and fit them together, but I also loved to think of the props for my picture. And I tried to get my memories out of the treasure box for making my props. Tawish, Ishani, Siddharth and Madhuri - that's us in the pictures and the pets (actually we never had any), but they look cute in our pictures!

Family always come first,  one of the Rakhi gifts I got from my brother said "Friends come, friends go, sisters are forever." So lovely and so true.


waffle flower, Ink blending, Miss you cards, Everyday cards, Card for him, card for her, Tombow dual brush pens, distress inks, Ink blending, thinking of you, quillish


As adults, at times we forget to gather happy moments, we must pause and create the moments that will be remembered when we are older. Glad that as kids we did, I hope we continue and also hope, that you liked the trip to the childhood!

Joining in at



Family in the camera


For the child in us



Not just colours but the bright smiles too :)








Comments

  1. Fabulous idea to use that film strip to frame all your bright happy littl people. Adorable card. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and happy for sure! That sweet little scene makes me so happy!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. am glad it does. Thank you so much Lynn!

      Delete
  3. Yes picnics ,get-togethers ,birthdays and not to forget our school gatherings when Dad with cameras on special demand ! The excitement to see how we looked in our costume and the fun to find our eyes closed or mouth wide open ;) Not just your card but your post brought back many fond memories ,Your card is so aptly designed .Loved those cute little kids with their pet !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... either closed or red eye... remember?? And now when you look back at those clothes that we wore.. so weird.. frilly frocks with puffed shoulders.. well..they are becoming a fashion again !! Am glad it took you back to your days of getting clicked. Thank you so much Pooja :)

      Delete
  4. What a fab card, love the film strip effect you've created.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Uniko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Ishani - love the kids in the film strip, and hoe you have placed them and coloured them. Those memories are precious!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely and creative design, so cheerful. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely this card is and how sweet that you have drawn upon your happy childhood memories. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun design .... love it! Thank you for playing along with the Uniko challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful card, and I love the way you interpreted our challenge word at Time Out. Happy memories, family memories, I love the way your card reflects the theme. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable x a zillion, Ishani! Lots of fun captured in this strips of film! You are sooooo creative...and we're so lucky to see you over in the Uniko gallery!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love this card Ishani! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making challenges

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish