Beautiful birthday wishes

Hello everyone,

I love to play at challenges and they actually take me away from my comfort zone, so I get to learn new techniques. My friend Anila who's a DT member at Inkspirational has chosen kraft as the challenge and her beautifully pencil coloured card made me want to color florals too.  I needed Birthday cards and thought I'll make a floral card to play at few challenges and also try coloring on kraft. 

I started by stamping the flowers from Create a smile - Pure poppies with versamark on my kraft cardstock and coloured them with Polychromos color pencils. I added a white pencil very lightly to bring the flower in focus. I don't know if it's helping. I stamped the sentiment in Memento tuxedo black and heat embossed it with clear EP, to get a bold black look. 

Create a smile stamps, Polychromos, Birthday card, CAS card, floral card, Quillish, Poppy stamp card, pencil coloring on kraft, Kraft floral card, Kraft cards

Though in Europe Poppy has a different meaning in India it's a flower spoken about in scriptures for medicinal properties and yeah 'giving you a high' too. Opium Poppy is a legal licensed farming in India. 

(Wiki says - Opium has been actively collected since prehistoric times, since approximately 3400 BCE. The term 'Redey' in Pashto for Poppy may be derived from the Sanskrit words rddhi and hrdya, which mean "magical", "a type of medicinal plant", and "heart-pleasing", respectively. The upper Asian belt of Afghanistan, Pakistan, northern India, and Burma still account for the world's largest supply of opium)


I hope you like my card and the trivia, glad for the internet :)


Joining in at

















Simon says stamp wednesday challenge


Comments

  1. Yes I loved your card and pencil colouring too :)
    I didn't know it's legally licensed !! Thank you for the intetesting info about poppy !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the white pencil really does work to highlight the poppies and your colouring needs no work...it is perfect. I like that dotted die and the twine really adds a lovely rustic feel to your card. Thanks for joining Ink and also for the info on poppies, it is always good to learn new things x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a gorgeous card Ishani - love your colouring of the poppy, and the contrast of the embossed sentiment
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully pencil colored poppies, Ishani. I love your white pencil highlights, which add more dimension to your pretty flowers. Fun reading the trivia too:-) TFS and joining us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge:Anything Goes. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is so pretty, and the red poppies look great on kraft! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, Ishani, I love the CAS design, and your fab colouring! Totally inspired my to try it, too! Cool trivia as well! ;-) Thanks for playing along with Create a Smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is absolutely beautiful! That red really does pop, and the twine is such a sweet touch. Thank you for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card Ishani! Thank you for playing along with Create a smile challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish