IQCG - Beautiful like a butterfly

Hello dear Quillers,

I have a quilled card today to inspire you to join us in this month's challenge , where we want you to incorporate a quilled butterfly.

Butterfly quilling, quilled butterfly, Quillish, Quilling by Ishani

I made my butterfly free hand and then did some experiment in the design with blues and white. I have liked this style of quilling that I have been seeing on Instagram and though it looks nice, it is not as neat as I'd like it to be, I must practice more. I must also confess that getting the symmetrical butterfly wings is very difficult till you have a sketch/print of a butterfly. So I thought of a design where it doesn't have to be a very symmetric design. I cut a 180 gsm strip for the outer border of my image and then used 3mm strips for the inside. I used a stencil by Uniko Ltd for my background and a sentiment by Mudra Craft stamps.

Butterfly quilling, quilled butterfly, Quillish, Quilling by Ishani

I hope you are inspired to get your paper strips out. Following are the Challenge Rules:

1. Must follow IQCG blog
2.  Maximum of 3 Projects can be linked
3.Must be a new one made after this announcement
4.International entries are welcome

We will be sticking to the the below rating system.

1. Sticking to the theme - 1.5
2. Good presentation - 0.5
3. Creativity & Innovation - 1.5
4. Complexity - 1.5

We award three badges:
1. Winner" (as voted by DTs)
 2. Best of Innovation
3. DT favourite.

Shylaashree has offered an amazing prize for our Winner


Look at those goodies! I hope you will play along and show us your butterflies.

Comments

  1. This is so amazing !! I can only imagine how much time and work.it must have taken..fab job dear Ishani !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though blue is not my favorite color, I do wish we could bloom a few blue butterflies!
    Yours is so very amazing, Ishani!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ishani I still think this is amazing - the subtle grey background and the strong blues in the butterfly are amazing - never mind the stunning quilling!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Ishani - I love your butterfly! Quilling is so fascinating to me and you are so good at it! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHMYSTARS, Ishani! Your butterfly is breath-taken-away stunning! So thrilled your shared your incredible artistry in the Just Us Girls gallery!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers. Such a pretty creation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish