Crayon colored birthday wishes - STAMPlorations

Hello everyone,

October has been verrry busy. With all the important festivals over, Diwali cards and DT cards done, I got time to make some - cards that don't have to be done by a deadline. I have a birthday card that I made for a dear friend and a junior from the Indian Air Force, who has become a card maker herself - Dhruvika from the Cardogram. Do stop by, to give her some love.  As I was thinking to send her a card, I thought I will make one keeping her in mind. She has gone through tough times. Tougher than we can ever imagine. But she is like this colourful butterfly, spreading her cheerfulness and happiness, to all those whom she meets.

I used my son's Oil pastels - in Fluorescent pink, Vermillion hue and Lemon yellow colours  and used heat gun to melt them. These colors were a gift to him from my crafty friend Anila from Novel ideas. I die cut the STAMPlorations -  CUTplorations Flutter zen- Layering-Dies butterfly from the colorful crayon paper and adhered to black base of the same die. The sentiment is from Uniko Ltd's Birthday wishes

Thank you for stopping by. Happy Crafting :)

Joining in at

Happy Birthday to STAMPlorations. 
This butterfly was on my wish list because 
of Melissa Lane, many of us know her, many
 don't. I miss her whenever I see this die. It's 
been a year, since she left and I know because 
she was an angel, God took her away early. 
Thank you for the lovely memories, Melissa. 
I miss you.











































Comments

  1. Your butterfly looks amazing on the black background and I love the white dots around the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. always love the crayon effects and this is super awesome , love the way you have played with them !
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is strikingly beautiful, well done!! Love the bold colours against the black. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my darling friend!! I'm so happy to see this gorgeous butterfly, and that it reminds you [and all of us] of dear Melissa. Ms. Druhvika has kept me informed of all the wonderful giveaways on Instagram!! I think your country is filled with the sweetest ladies!
    Please tell my little boy friend that we bloomed three more butterflies in our dining room - they are now on their way to somewhere warmer, with a kiss for luck, and a safe journey.
    Your card is gorgeous Ishani… it's sweet that your boy loans his art supplies to his beautiful mom! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Ishani ! Loved the idea to use crayons..just as i was thinking of giving away mine ;( !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome way to colour something Ishani - must try it, as I have some oil pastels that are not being used. A wonderful and dramatic card for your friend.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Yes, Melissa was a great crafter. Thanks for sharing this with us. Thank you for playing with us at STAMPlorations Theme and Photo prompt challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Ishani! Your bright and delicate butterfly looks so beautiful showcased against the black background. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful use of oil pastels! I am not sure I've seen that on a card, but your butterfly is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, I just love the butterfly! looks so fab against the black background! Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday, hope you will join us again soon! hugs XoX Alli C - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors really pop on the black background. Love the card. Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday challenge, hope you will join us again in a future challenge! Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way your gorgeous bright butterfly 'pops' off the black card front, Ishani! So beautiful! I'm sue it will bring a smile to your dear friend and encourage her to create more. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your beautiful coloured butterfly against the black background. Very dramatic. I remember playing with oil pastels as a child - great memories! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful, Ishani. Those colors absolutely pop off that black. How kind of you to mention Melissa in connection with this butterfly. Things with wings will always remind me of her colorful creations. Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations CAS Cards Challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an impactful card. Love the bright colored butterfly against the black background. So kind of you to remember Melissa in connection to this butterfly. Thanks for joining the STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello.
    Are you looking for an amazing logo design for your business with 50% off I expect You will be impressed with us.Logo Designers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish