XOXO - Perfume love - Pencil coloring on black cardstock

Hello again,

The STAMPlorations theme and photo prompt made me do what I had been planning since ages.. pencil coloring on black cardstock inspired by Yana's amazing cards. I used Polychromos to colour these wee perfume bottles from Mon Cheri by MFT and STAMPlorations Cutplorations - xoxo word die.

Quillish, Stamplorations, Polychromos, Mftstamps, die cutting, STAMPlorations xoxo word die cutplorations, repetitive stamping, Perfume card, coloring on dark cardstock, pencil coloring on dark cardstock

I like the colors on black but,

Verdict of pencil coloring -  I am not "yay- very happy" I had sharpened still it is not like how Yana shows. The paper had tooth, it was heavy wt black cardstock by Craftangles. May be Prismacolour is better? Also may be, because I have only 24 colours, the shades couldnt be built in? Please tell me if you have any experience. I hope your lessons will help me get better results next time. 
Thank you for stopping by!

Joining in at









Simon says stamp wednesday challenge

Comments

  1. You did a great job of the colouring Ishani - we are always critical of our own work, but this is your work, not Yana's, and it reflects you. Shading relies more on layering the colour rather than the number of colours we have. It would not have hel;ped that you had quite small images to colour
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your take on the STAMPlorations photo prompt ! I had a close look and the depth of colour looks good to me. You could try burnishing with a white, cream, or special blender/burnisher pencil but this will be difficult on such small images.
    Thanks for joining us at STAMPLorations Theme and Photo prompt challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and different !
    I don't have much experience with pencil colors but i can tell you it has nothing to do with being polychromos ,some of Prima color pencils that i have also don't show much on dark base.One trick is to lay a thin layer of white and then use other colors on it.Even if you have less number of colors you can easily blend them to get more shades

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post will be very useful to us....i like your blog and helpful to me....nice thoughts for your great work....
    Buy Bulk Attars Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish