AAA - Daddy's the best - Neat & Tangled

Hello there, 

Thank you for stopping by! There is a new challenge at AAA cards and we are playing with One layer card and an optional twist of Polar animals. 

I had this cute bear pair from Neat and tangled's Mommy Daddy and me stamp set that I made into Polar bears with Aurora Borealis in their background (incase you are wondering what is the blue green purple ).


I did some masking with the new stencils by CrafTangles - Stencils masks - circles and colored my bears with Copics. I used Distress Oxides for my Aurora skies.

I had another reason to use this set. We call our grandfather- Daddy and we were going to meet him soon during our little vacation to the Himalayan state - Himachal. I thought he'd like it. He is 93 years old and he was so passionate about teaching his grandchildren as he was an Education officer in the Indian Army and has been instrumental in my love for Geography (one more reason for Aurora Borealis). So this card was for him. 


Few things I have learnt from him are : How to check a dictionary (when I was 6yrs old), how to open a pressure cooker (when I was 10yrs old) How to set curd/make yogurt (when I was 20 yrs old) and ... I can keep going. 

I hope you like my card and will join in at the AAA cards with your One Layer cards.

Joining in at

CAS on Friday -winter

Addicted to CAS


Comments

  1. Love your Aurora and the bears are just too cute, love that it's so personal to your Dad and the picture of him is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Such a sweet post with the pic of your granddad. Love the vibrancy of your background Aurora and the polar bears are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in for a treat today ! I get to see two posts on your blog :) This is wonderful card Ishani and the you make it special with your personal touch !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sky is just amazing! It makes the bears pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ishani!! I am in awe! The only grandpa still alive when I was born, died before I had any real memory of him... I am so happy you have this darling mentor, and that Ishir has him, too!
    Such a wonderful card for your 'Daddy!'
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ishani what a gorgeous card - love your beautiful background. Thank you for the glimpse into your life... Grandparents can be so influential in one's life.
    Blessings
    Maxine
    p.s. I make my own yoghurt too - from a culture - love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty! Love the stamped image and your coloured background! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Friday! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and I love how CAS it is! Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super adorable! Love everything about this card from the background to the image to the sentiment! Well done! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure what I love more... your fabulous card, that evokes so much emotion - or the wonderful story behind the recipient! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish