TO - Childhood memories safe in the Camera roll

Hello everyone!

There is a new challenge up at Time Out challenges and we challenge you to  with "Days Gone By".
You can use inspiration from any memory you may have, someone you admire, a vintage outfit, maybe a phrase or could be an old fashioned word, so many incredible possibilities! And this challenge has a twist too, use of embellishments!
                                          
We are so thankful to the very generous CAS-ual Fridays Stamps for sponsoring this challenge. The winner of the challenge will get $25 gift coupon to their store.

I chose the memories of my childhood with my friends and cousins, during Summer holidays, saved in the film rolls of those days! And I chose the film roll die by CrafTangles, the cute kids from Waffle Flower's Hello set and sentiment from our sponsor's Flower Angel. I had used these kids for my Gate fold interactive card too, that you can watch here.
I also chose the frame die by Penny black to give the feel of those black albums, quite old ones, I have seen my Grandparent's and parent's picture in those! Here are some I took when we visited my Maternal grandparents (Nana - Nani) home, in Sep 19.

My Nana Nani

My mother getting an award from the then President of India,
Shri Fakruddin Ali Ahmed
during her convocation in 1975's
(how delicately she is shaking hands :D) 

The couple on the left are my Nana Nani with their friends 

My mother in her teens.


My Handsome - Nana ji we call him Daddy, posing :)
Though the pictures are not in tatters like my card suggests!
We have the very talented Claire as our guest this time. Don't forget to stop by at her blog to see the beautiful card she has for this challenge and join us with your take!

I also have a new and a very cool video with Digital stamps

I am sure you will love it too, hope you will stop by at my You tube channel!

Comments

  1. What a fun card that brings back memories for me too :). Loving the way you have replicated the old style photo album as a backdrop to the photos.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old photos that one might find in their own homes, or in a trunk, or attic, at Grandma's house - so fabulous in black and white film. By the way, your mother is so adorable! As is this darling card - the film strip really looks like my family, Ishani - if you add three more girls! xxx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing photos - and a lovely idea to use them as inspiration for your card. I like how you've kept the colours muted as if they're older photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card, and a wonderful post, and a perfect take on our challenge, Ishani. Your idea is great, and I love seeing the photos from your past. Fabulous take!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you really took a path down memorylane and made the card so that I right away had to think about my grandma's photobook! Love the sepia coullur you used; another way to link the card to old memories! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card :) its such a lovely idea for a card. madison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish