TO - Traditional Diwali Card -with modern dies

Hello everyone!

Have you played at the ongoing photo inspiration up at Time Out challenges  yet?
Diwali card, Happy Diwali, Spellbinder's Kaleidoscope tile dies, Rangoli design card, Aplana design card, Quillish

Here is the challenge Graphic

And a close up of the photo
We have wood grain, mandalas - quite like white embossing , planters, succulents! So much to be inspired from.

We are so thankful to our sponsors  Altenew  for sponsoring this challenge. The winner of the challenge will get $20 gift coupon to their store.

As soon as I saw the photo and the white mandala on brown background it reminded me of what we make on Diwali, on our floors! It is called Aplana but could be called a Rangoli, though it is not colorful as a Rangoli, as it is made of Rice flour paste. It is a custom of the Northern state of Himachal Pradesh where my roots are from. Here is a photo that I finally found where I have made some designs on the floor with white Rice flour paste. Can you spot 2 of them in the centre? And two feet designs on the sides?
And I tried our traditional custom for my card! I used Spellbinders kaleidoscope tile etched dies and used a stamp of  Goddess Lakshmi's feet as we always make them on Diwali. They symbolise that Goddess walked into your home on Diwali to bless the family with health and prosperity.

Diwali card, Happy Diwali, Spellbinder's Kaleidoscope tile dies, Rangoli design card, Aplana design card, Quillish

The tradition of making feet is almost all across the country, there are different designs and ways to make them and many people incorporate them in their design, like in this photo, do you see the feet?
These are photos from internet and though I use my bare fingers to make designs, many use brushes too, to adorn their entrances with their beautiful art.
I said a lot about this tradition of ours!

We have the very talented Rahmat Gouse as our guest this time. Don't forget to stop by at her blog to see the beautiful and creative card she has for the challenge and join us with your take!

Also check out my video with special Diwali crafts!



  I hope you will stop by at my You tube channel and I would be grateful, if you would help me grow by subscribing to my channel.

Thank you for stopping by
Joining in at 







 Simon says stamp blog

Comments

  1. How wonderful and I remember seeing this last year. What a lovely tradition and I didn't realise the feet meant this....new thing to learn! And you have replicated this to perfection and how wonderful you got the feet in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of the white against the cardstock. So striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the CAS feel of the card! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, Ishani. That layered die is wonderful. I loved reading about the tradition, and the designs you added are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us, and Happy Diwali!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish