Happy Vishu - Craft Meraki - Guest Designer

Hello everyone,

Ishani here and I am honoured to be a guest at Crafty Meraki for their beautiful #merakifestive release.
 Have you checked their website? You must and you can use the code ISHANI10 at Crafty Meraki website for 10% discount! I have made a card for the festival of Vishu, using both the stamp sets  Holi Hai Stamp Set  and Happy Ugadi stamp setLet me tell you a little about Vishu, first.

Happy Vishu card, Harvest Festival cards, Crafty Meraki Holi hai stamp set, Crafty Meraki stamps, Indian Festive cards, Indian festival cards, Hindu cards, Quillish

Vishu, is a festival of the Southern most state of India - Kerala, also known as God's own Country. The day is full of festivities and feasts but it starts with what I have depicted on my card. On this day, the eldest lady of the house wakes up before dawn, takes a bath, wears new clothes and lights up the lamp in front of the sacred place of worship, in the house. She decorates a platter with fruits, flowers, vegetables, money, gold, new cloth, pulses, grains and all good things. Then she wakes up each family member, they keep their eyes closed and she leads them to this platter called "Vishu Kanni". The kids and everyone else open their eyes and look at all the auspicious things believed to bring prosperity, on the first day of the year, depicting that the whole year will be bountiful and happy.

Happy Vishu card, Harvest Festival cards, Crafty Meraki Holi hai stamp set, Crafty Meraki stamps, Indian Festive cards, Indian festival cards, Hindu cards, Quillish
 
So to make the Kanni - the platter and other things, I stamped the upper portion of the door from the  Happy Ugadi stamp set , Used Copics to colour it and cut it out to form a low rise table. I stamped the Kalash which is the pot in yellow with a coconut and the platter, colored them similarly and fussy cut them.

Happy Vishu card, Harvest Festival cards, Crafty Meraki Holi hai stamp set, Crafty Meraki stamps, Indian Festive cards, Indian festival cards, Hindu cards, Quillish

The hanging marigold garlands are combination of few stamps from Happy Ugadi stamp set and also happy Vishu, that I stamped and colored. Then I stamped my little girl from Holi Hai Stamp Set  and ccolored her too. 

Happy Vishu card, Harvest Festival cards, Crafty Meraki Holi hai stamp set, Crafty Meraki stamps, Indian Festive cards, Indian festival cards, Hindu cards, Quillish
I loved combining the elements from both the sets for my Vishu card. If you have Indian friends with roots from the state of Kerala, I am sure they would love to get a Vishu card.

Happy crafting !

Check out this video where I use another girl from the Holi Hai Stamp Set .



Comments