AAA - Rakhi Card

Hello every one,

There is a new challenge up at AAA cards , with Two quarters as our game and an optional twist of Favourite colors.

Rakhi card, Rakshabandhan card, Rakhi card tutorial, easy cards for Rakhi, quillish

Check out the guidelines for 2 quarters here.

I have to make some Rakhi cards also known as Raksha Bandhan and I grabbed this opportunity to add that decorative thread known as Rakhi on my card. It was challenge to think of a design with 2 quarters but in the end I was happy to make a festive card, fit for the occasion and the challenge. Not my favourite colors but I tried to get some auspicious colors on the card that also would match my Rakhi.

A little about this festival - Rakhi is a name for the sacred thread that sisters tie on brother’s wrist and also the name for one of the most cheerful festivals of India. Basically Rakhi is a short and local name for the festival of Raksha Bandhan that is celebrated by the Hindus around the world. It is the festival of love, care and spreading happiness and praying for our siblings good health. As a custom, when a sister ties the Rakhi, brothers give them gifts, so it is a little Christmas for us :D
 
Rakhi card, Rakshabandhan card, Rakhi card tutorial, easy cards for Rakhi, quillish

We have the very talented and my friend Trina Pham as our Guest and she has a beautiful CAS card for us with the 2 quarters. Hope you liked my take and will join us at the AAA cards challenge.

I have some  memories of this festival and Rakhi card and craft ideas on my You tube channel,
if you'd like to watch!



Comments

  1. Very pretty, love the lattice look of your panels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking and instantly recognisable as a festival card. Love your use of the two quarters and I enjoyed reading about Rakhi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the education on Rakhi. I love the idea of celebrating siblings. Your card is delightful and very festive. I looks like you have beaded the thread beautifully...such a wonderful gift and presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is simply stunning. The colors and conception are marvelous!!! You are such a teacher…thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Ishani. So clever how you incorporated the gorgeous Rakhi thread on your card. Love learning about this awesome festival!.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish