Happy Rakhi Card for brother - Crafty Meraki

 Hello dear friends!

Today am here to give you some festive feels of a very loved Hindu Festival/Holiday called Rakshabandhan also called Rakhi and am using the latest Merakifestive release stamp set called - Happy Rakhi.
                                    
Happy Rakhi crafty Meraki stamp set, rakhi card, cute card, Rakshabandhan card, Quillish


I coloured my cute brother sister pair with Copics and fussy cut them. I added a Pooja thali with the lamp and sweet ladoos (a favourite sweet of kids) from the Happy Rakhi stamp set and the rangoli on the floor is from the Happy Ugadi stamp set.
Happy Rakhi crafty Meraki stamp set, rakhi card, cute card, Rakshabandhan card, Quillish

I am in love with this stamp set and this pair reminds me of me and my brother. I send him Rakhi by post since we both are in different cities. The day of this festival is a Full moon day and the sisters tie the thread called Rakhi on their brother's wrists and pray for their long life. In return the brothers promise to look after their sisters all their life. These vows between brother and sisters are not required but they are a great reminder of the bond of love and affection which the siblings share. Do you see the gift? That's for the sister :D

I love the adorable kids of this Happy Rakhi stamp set and also loved adding the rangoli from the Happy Ugadi stamp set - this set has great elements that can make Hindu traditional cards, more festive.

If you would like to see more of my work, you could follow me on Instagram at quill_ish where I share more ideas with Crafty Meraki products. Also, if you'd like to buy this stamp or any other, you can use the code ISHANI10 at Crafty Meraki website for a 10% discount!


Check out these Rakhi cards and crafts on my You tube channel

Happy crafting :)

 

 

Comments

  1. What a sweet festival Ishani, and a beautiful card to illustrate it here. Beautiful use of the two stamp sets.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish