Holi Hai - Crafty Meraki

Hello dear friends,

Many of you who have followed me for some time, already know about this festival. But if you are new, I am here to introduce you to the festival of Colors - Holi! Many of you may be already familiar with this holiday of Indians and Hindus around the world. Before I show you my card , I know many of you love to learn about other cultures, so let me tell you a little about this holiday.

Holi has been celebrated in the Indian subcontinent for centuries, with poems documenting celebrations dating back to the 4th century CE. It marks the beginning of spring after a long winter, symbolic of the triumph of good over evil. 

 

On the day of Holi, entire streets and towns turn red, green and yellow as people throw colored powder into the air and splash them on others. Each color carries a meaning. Red, for example, symbolizes love and fertility while green stands for new beginnings. People also splash water on each other in celebration. Water guns are used to squirt water, while balloons filled with colored water are also flung from rooftops. Later in the day, families gather together for festive meals. It is also common to distribute sweets among neighbors and friends.

 

For my card I have used Crafty Meraki's - Holi hai stamp set. On a watercolor Paper I stamped my girl and boy with waterproof ink and used watercolors to color the images and the scene around. I made the scene, colorful, just how it is on the Holi festivities.

Crafty MEraki Holi HAi stamp set, Holi card, Indian festival Holi card, Watercolring Holi card

 I die cut my panel with Pink Fresh studio Diagonal stitches rectangle die. For the card base I blended some inks on the edge of a white cardbase to give a colorful background.

 Crafty Meraki Holi HAi stamp set, Holi card, Indian festival Holi card, Watercoloring Holi card

I hope you like this holi card and are inspired to make one for your Indian/Hindu friend, yourself. Check out other beautiful stamps and dies at the new release at Crafty Meraki store! If you would like to see more of my work, you could follow me on Instagram at quill_ish where I share more ideas with Crafty Meraki products. 

Crafty Meraki Happy Holi Hai stamp set, Holi card, Watercolors holi card, Ishani, Hindu festival Holi wishes

 You can use ISHANI10 code while you purchase from Crafty Meraki for 10% discount.

Thank you for stopping by. If you are new to my blog, don't miss my You tube channel for some creative cardmaking ideas.



 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Definitely a colourful card Ishani , I love it - what a great celebration of spring :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish