TO - Making background with embossing folders

     Hello everyone,

Ink smooshing with Embossing folder, Altenew Garden Rose embossing folder, Altenew planks 3 D embossing folder, Quillish, Altenewchallenge

We have a new challenge at Time out challenges- we want you to Make Your Own Background!


 Our sponsor  is STAMPlorations and the prize is a $25 Gift Certificate.
I chose to do my current obsession technique - Dry embossing for my background! For which I used the Rose embossing folder from Garden Rose Craft Your Life kit by Altenew.

I am a sucker for CAS cards but embossing folders have become my new obsession where I want to try different techniques. So when I saw the Altenew challenge I wanted to use that beautiful Coral Red for Roses and had great fun making this card.
Ink smooshing with Embossing folder, Altenew Garden Rose embossing folder, Altenew planks 3 D embossing folder, Quillish, Altenewchallenge

I smooshed the Altenew inks in Coral Berry and Rubby Red for the Roses and Sunray, Caramel toffee and Paper bag for the leaves and spritzed mist of water and dry embossed. You can check my latest You tube tutorial video where I show some ideas for using your watercolors with embossing folders.

I also swinked with some brown inks on my Deck planks 3 D embossing folder and dry embossed it. I added a strip of gold mirror cardstock between the two dry embossed panels and Antique Gold Sequins 
to add a little more bling. Also I have lately been adding some beautiful texture on my envelopes and did the same here with the gorgeous rose embossing folder on a kraft envelope.
Ink smooshing with Embossing folder, Altenew Garden Rose embossing folder, Altenew planks 3 D embossing folder, Quillish, Altenewchallenge
We have the very talented, Hannelie Bester of Desert Diva and winner of Challenge #217 as our Guest Designer for this challenge. Do not forget to check her creative background!

I love Dry embossing and have shared many creative ideas in my You tube tutorial
Also, I'd love and be thankful if you would  subscribe to my channel

and hope to see you join us at the challenge.

Lots of love ~ Ishani 


 

Comments

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Ishani. Gorgeous with with those fantastic EF's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly beautiful, Ishani! This is such a gorgeous and thoughtful design. Love your use of colors in this. Always a delight to see your card(s)! So glad that you join the August Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gold on the leaves of your card in this post, and the gorgeous embossed side panel. I have just watched the video, and am inspired, thank you Ishani
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish