Crafty Meraki - Ornament + Tag

Hello dear friends,

Have you started with your Holiday cards? The #merakicraftober release is going to make your Christmas more special! I am a big fan of die cutting and the dimensions the die cuts give on the cards and today I am sharing a fun way to use these gorgeous dies from this release .

Crafty Meraki Yule wonder dies, Christmas tree dies, Christmas tags, Quillish, Rouge Opal gems

When I saw the beautiful Yule wonder dies - I thought how cute it would look as an Ornament on a Christmas tree! But won't it be cute to be given as a tag - with the recipient's name inside and later as an Ornament?

So I took 2 green cardstocks, a light and another dark. The Yule wonder dies has 3 layering dies - the first cuts only the shape of the tree, so first I cut dark green cardstock with the first layer, so I get 4 tree outlines.

Crafty Meraki Yule wonder dies, Christmas tree dies, Christmas tags, Quillish, Rouge Opal gems

Then from the other 2 dies, one of which creates an intricate design and the other die creates a shadow of the first design, I cut out light green and gold cardstock. So now I have a light green intricate diecut and also one in gold. I assemble the tree layers and adhere them with glue. With the dark green solid die cut, I create a hinge and adhere at the top so it can open like a card.

Crafty Meraki Yule wonder dies, Christmas tree dies, Christmas tags, Quillish, Rouge Opal gems

I used a pokey tool to create a hole and inserted a decorative thread that could be later used to hang these tags as ornaments. To decorate my Christmas trees, I added some beautiful Rouge Opal gems

So what will you call these - a tag, a card or an ornament? Let me know your thoughts!

Check out other beautiful stamps and dies at Crafty Meraki store! If you would like to see more of my work, you could follow me on Instagram at quill_ish  where I share more ideas with Crafty Meraki products. 

Have a lovely crafty week ahead :)

Lots of love ~ Ishani 


Comments

  1. What awesome use of the dies to create these stunning tag/ornaments :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish