Video tutorial - 5 Birthday Card Ideas with One Stamp - Crafty Meraki

Hello everyone! 

#merakihugs release is LIVE! Yay.. Go ahead have a look at the beautiful stamps that includes gorgeous floral stamps, the cutest cupids and gnomes, the delicious cupcakes, out of the world DIES including some really cool box dies!! Also the stunning Hot Foil Plates and coordinating dies and the shimmery illusions.

I am so excited to share with you some beautiful birthday cards I made with one of the prettiest cupcake stamps ever! I am also taking part in the new Release You tube hop where we have our favourite designers joining in with their gorgeous projects using the new release and two $100 GC to be won!
Join the You tube hop - here.

I am sharing 5 cards with the gorgeous Be your own kind of cupcake stamp set and giving tips on how you can add variation to your cards with some simple techniques, in my You Tube Video. I coloured these Cupcakes with Copics and watercolors.
 

CAS Lemony Cupcake card
Clean and simple cards are my favourite. Using a colored background makes a great statement for some images. When not sure which color to use, pick out one color from the colored image and use it for the background. You could also ink smoosh or use alcohol inks for making the background.

                                     I use the new  Sunny Sparkle illusion to jazz up my card.

Tone on tone Stenciling
I chose 2 colors Pink and Purple from the Cupcake toppers and used them for my background. I stenciled first with light Pink and light Purple and then placed the Birthday Balloon stencil over it and went to ink blend the darker shades of Pink and Purple. For Ink blending I used Distress Oxides in Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet

I adhered Prismatic Purple Illusion sparkles to embellish around the cupcake.


Resist Technique - Watercolors

Next is a bright cheerful cupcake card with an easy Resist technique background, for which I stamped the cupcake images on the watercolor paper with Versamark and heat embossed with White Embossing powder. Then with two shades Yellow (a darker and a lighter) I colored the white heat embossed panel, in a way to get an Ombre look.

The sentiment were stamped on black strip of paper and heat embossed in white and adhered on top and bottom with glue. The Cupcakes were adhered with foam tape and embellished with Sunny Sparkle illusion.


Rainbow Background 
I had a chocolaty cupcake for which I chose to ink blend in Rainbow colors of Distress oxides and the I took Crafty Meraki's Party Balloon mini slim line die and cut out white cardstock and lightly went with the same colors on top of the die cut.

I used Pinkfresh Studio Braided Oval die to cut out vellum and adhered my cupcake over it and added the lovely Midnight Shimmer illusion.



Shaker Heart Card
For this card, I combined another cute stamp set from the new release - Gnomeo and Juliet stamp set! I die cut a white cardstock from the heart die that is part of the Love note die set and on the negative die cut I embossed the beautiful design with the Parisienne A2 background die.
On top folding Red cardbase I heat embossed the sentiment in white and after creating a window with acetate sheet and adding depth with foam tape I added some shaker bits in the heart. You can check my video for detailed instructions.

I adhered the gnome behind the cupcake, as if he was coming with a big cupcake to surprise the recipient.

Watch the video here

I hope you enjoyed to look at various possibilities with one stamp and would give a try to these cool techniques. Check out all the new beautiful stamps and dies at the Crafty Meraki store! If you would like to see more of my work, you could follow me on Instagram at quill_ish where I share more ideas with Crafty Meraki products. 

  Have a lovely last crafty week :)

Love ~ Ishani 



Comments

  1. What a fabulous series of cards Ishani - loving that set of cupcakes, and I don't usually like them - these have so much variety, both in the images and the fabulous script in the many sentiments
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish