To - Birthday butterfly card - Tone on tone stenciling

   Hello friends,

 and welcome for another challenge at Time Out challenges, it is a special edition Photo Inspiration Challenge that we call "CASE The Designer" and guess who is our Guest ?

Stenciling technique, Tone on tone stenciling, Double stenciling, Butterfly stencil, Stencil card, Birthday card, Quillish, Time out card, Crafty Meraki Birthday die, Crafty Meraki butterfly stencil, Quillish
We have Gina K. of Gina K. Designs to design a card for our DT and participants to CASE.
Gina K. is our fabulous designer AND our sponsor and has generously offered a $25 store credit for our challenge winner who will also be invited to join our Design Team as Guest Designer for a future challenge.

Here's the gorgeous card that Gina created for our inspiration:


I was inspired by the Rainbow stenciling and the magic of the black matting and used the same for my card. I used Crafty Meraki - Butterfly garden stencil for tone on tone stenciling. Then I die cut birthday from  Crafty Meraki birthday slimline tag die with white cardstock twice and once from black cardstock and stacked them. The black die cut was adhered a little off to create a shadow. 
Stenciling technique, Tone on tone stenciling, Double stenciling, Butterfly stencil, Stencil card, Birthday card, Quillish, Time out card, Crafty Meraki Birthday die, Crafty Meraki butterfly stencil, Quillish

I don't usually mat my cards but I really loved how in Gina's card it gives a frame to the card and draws your attention to the stenciling and tried the same.

Stenciling technique, Tone on tone stenciling, Double stenciling, Butterfly stencil, Stencil card, Birthday card, Quillish, Time out card, Crafty Meraki Birthday die, Crafty Meraki butterfly stencil, Quillish

I loved to put all my beautiful supplies to use, together on one card
I hope you liked my card too :)
Check out a video where I have some cards to inspire you including this specific

Also, I'd love and be thankful if you would  subscribe to my channel

Thank you for stopping by
Lots of love ~ Ishani

Joining in at - 

Comments

  1. I love your tone on tone stenciling over the beautiful blended background, Ishani. The big, bold sentiment is perfect atop your wonderful background. I love the black mat too. I do it sometimes, but I see whay it is Gina's signature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ishani...love the double layer of color and that absolutely fab BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ishani, I HAD to flutter by to see your lovely rainbow of butterflies! So very lovely!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Ishani - love the tone on tone stencilling, and that black matting certainly framed your feature panel beautifully, and also echoed the 'shadow' under the stacked sentiment.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Ishani!! I really love this beautiful Butterfly background and the way you have layered the big Birthday sentiment. Totally awesome. Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stencilled butterflies are the perfect backdrop for that big bold birthday die! And what a difference the black mat makes! Stunning! Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, Ishani! I love this stenciling technique, thank you for the reminder!! Will have to replicate!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is beautiful with the tone on tone butterflies, Ishani. That big birthday die holds its own against it and looks wonderful with the shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful and original CASE! I love the stencilled butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish