Flower Girl - Holi card - Crafty Meraki

 Hello dear friends,

Many of you may be already familiar with the festival of colors, Holi - holiday of Indians and Hindus around the world. Holi has been celebrated in the Indian subcontinent for centuries, with poems documenting celebrations dating back to the 4th century CE. It marks the beginning of spring after a long winter, symbolic of the triumph of good over evil. The festival is known for using colors but it used to be played with flowers and that's what I went for in my card and a perfect sentiment to match it with!

 Holi hai stamp set

For my card I am using a very loved technique - Paper Piecing. I have used  Crafty Meraki's - Holi hai stamp set. On a Copic friendly Paper I stamped my girl and used Copics to color the image and fussy cut it. Then I took a pretty Paper that could be the Lehenga (the skirt) of my sweet girl. I stamped the girl on the polka pattern paper and cut out only the skirt that adhered with glue on stamped and colored image of the girl. 

Crafty meraki holi hai stamp set, Happy Holi card

For the background I used watercolor paper and with Blue and yellow pigment powder similar to Lindy Gang - Prairie Wildflower Magicals. For the foreground I diecut Margaret Meraki flora dies with light pink and dark pink cardstock and green for the leaves.  

I added my watercolor panel with foam tape on a white card base. For the center of the flowers I added Ivory Opal gems and Rouge Opal gems and stamped a sweet sentiment. 

Crafty meraki holi hai stamp set, Happy Holi card

I hope you like this cute card and are inspired to use your stash for Paper piecing. Check out other beautiful stamps and dies at Crafty Meraki store! If you would like to see more of my work, you could follow me on Instagram at quill_ish where I share more ideas with Crafty Meraki products. 

 You can use ISHANI10 code while you purchase from Crafty Meraki for 10% discount.

Thank you for stopping by. If you are new to my blog, don't miss my You tube channel for some creative cardmaking ideas.




Comments