Guest Designer at 'I feel Glee'

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog - if you are new here, let me introduce myself - I am Ishani from India and am so glad to be a guest at Kanan's blog, today. Kanan and I have been online cardmaking friends for  along time now, but she is actually someone I have looked upto and learnt. So to me, everyone who was in to this hobby before me is my senior, so she is my Senior, if I may say so, but she is so cute and cool and I love her vibes! It doesn't feel like I have never met her.

So when she asked me to be a guest, I was elated! Me and my son have been under the weather lately and Kanan told me, we could move the dates, but you know how, when you are physically and mentally down and don't want to craft, but actually you know that if you craft, atleast you will be better mentally.
So I used some of my new and old supplies for this card.


I love to incorporate techniques on my cards, I love die cutting and my new favorite technique is dry embossing. So I combined them all for this card :D I have used various dies and an embossing folder and only 'stamped' my sentiment.

First I die cut a teapot from Poppy stamp's Grandma's teapot die from a Beige cardtock and then I dry embossed the diecut with the Charming Mandala 3D embossing folder. (Pro tip - Add Versamark or a shade darker ink on the front side of embossing folder to get a shadow near the raised embossed areas).

The I die cut the flowers and leaves from Altenew's Primrose blossom layering die set and layered and adhered them with glue. I may use colored cardstocks for die cutting but I love to blend a darker ink on the cardstocks to get a variation in the colors of the die cuts and I have done the same with the Purple flowers.



For grounding my teapot I blended orange ink on a white cardstock and die cut it with Altenew's Swirl Motif die and used the inner most die cut and adhered it (for such flimsy diecuts I have a trick you can try that I have shared in my You tube tutorial - here) . I added my teapot over it and adhered flowers, some with glue and some with foam tape. The sentiment was stamped in Purple ink from Altenew's Enchanted Iris and the panel was adhered on a beige top folding notecard.


I hope you like my card <3 If you would like to see some video tutorials on techniques similar to this you can check out my You tube channel. Check Out Kanan's blog - I feel glee!


Sharing my  social media handles

Instagram @quill_ish

My You tube channel Ishani S and

My blog  - Quillish

Facebook - Quillish


Joining in at

Inspiration Challenge 2023 05 SQ Option 1 1





Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you are/have not been well Ishani - I hope you are on the mend by now. I love this creation, it has so many interesting details with the die cuts and dry embossing. Yes, you are so right, sometimes crafting can really improve how we feel, no matter how long it takes us to get it done :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stunning creation caught my eye Ishani! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish