China Doll Flower card - Altenew

Hello everyone,

It's been silent on my blog, except some Design team work and it's been some tough times for me. And while I have had no time to craft, I realized that may be a bit of coloring will help me feel better!


I received this gorgeous floral outline in my recent package from Altenew and sat to color it and finished it in two sittings. I always forget - how therapeutic this hobby is. These flowers are from the stamp set - China Doll and I colored these with Alcohol markers and Woodless Coloring Pencils.

Altenew coloring, altenew paint a flower, altenew China doll stamp set, Ishani, Quillish, Altenew woodless coloring pencils

Now that the coloring was done - I thought of making a quick CAS card with these flowers. So I fussy cut my flowers and die cut with white cardstock - the Mix and match frame dies. and layered it on a Beige cardstock and arranged the flowers, as if on a trellis.

Altenew coloring, altenew paint a flower, altenew China doll stamp set, Ishani, Quillish, Altenew woodless coloring pencils
Whenever there are two flowers on my card - I always think of making it a wedding anniversary card and so I did this time too!

Altenew coloring, altenew paint a flower, altenew China doll stamp set, Ishani, Quillish, Altenew woodless coloring pencils
I hope you like my attempt of coloring these beautiful flowers. 

Altenew coloring, altenew paint a flower, altenew China doll stamp set, Ishani, Quillish, Altenew woodless coloring pencils

 I have used  Woodless Coloring Pencils in my You tube tutorials, one such is linked here, if you'd like to watch


Also, Here is my China Doll plant - that I got on a huge discount from a nursery, as they were willing to part with it on a discount. But this little baby seems to have found a loving home here and the Monsoons and humidity, might be doing some therapy for the plant as well. I also try to put a stresssed plant in a company of other plants, making sure they shake hands or hug ( you know what I mean!) and it's quite like 'how a company can make you feel better'.


Thank you for stopping by :)

Sharing my card at 
















July 2023 Inspiration Challenge



Comments

  1. This is beautiful, Ishani. I do hope the colouring helped with how you are feeling. Even if temporarily, I also find it relaxing and takes my mind away from the not so nice stuff. What a wonderful way to use the card that came with your order too! Thank you so much for taking part in the Altenew Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ishani, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge'. I hope you are feeling a bit better soon also ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ishani, here's a cyber {{{{{hug}}}}} - hope it makes you feel a bit better for a wee while. This is beautiful - the colouring and the completed card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Ishani, love how you coloured the flowers. They look stunning. I hope you are feeling better now or soon. It is so hard to get things done when your not well. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish