Quick cards? EAP is the answer! Crafty Meraki

Hello everyone,

Today I am up on Crafty Meraki blog - to start this week with some creative and quick ways to add cuteness to your projects. Ever need some quick papercrafts for adding to your  gifts or those little mini note cards that you send in your kids lunches? Whatever may be the need….EAP is the Answer!

A product that Crafty Meraki launched for their #merakiversary was the Effortless Artistry Paper also called EAP and they are a blessing, when you need some quick tags or cards or want to add some elements on your scrapbook layout. Here you can have a look at the various EAP that have their coordinating dies too, that can be purchased separately or if you are good at Fussy cutting, you can just fussy cut and use them!

Mini Note cards are one of my most used cards and I use them as tags for my gifts too, just by punching a hole in the corner or just add them with double sided tape on the gifts with a little notes inside.

For my Mini Note cards today I will be using EAP - Snug bug and make some fun tone on tone backgrounds to make some Quick Mini Note cards.

Critter card, EAP, Effortless Artistry Paper Crafty Meraki, Garden bugs, nug bugs stamp set, Cute bugs, tone on tone background, quillish


Quick Mini Note cards

The size of a Mini Note cards you like may vary from my size. To me it is more important that they are practical and easy to use. Also I like to use my supplies creatively and the size of these Mini Note cards depended on the size of the background slim dies that I used. Most of the Slim line dies have a width of 3.5 inches. So I chose the middle frame die from Birthday Star Slimline die, it measured 3.5 inches in width and 6.5 inches in length. When folded in half it gave me almost a square note card measuring 3.5 x 3.25 inches. The best thing about this size is that now I can lay my die cut slimline dies over it - for a tone on tone background.

I love the tone on tone look, created by layering same color cardstock. This technique makes a Clean design with a bit of texture and make your designs look more elegant! I also like use colored cardstock, for adding interest and creating colorful cards. This makes an interesting background - but lets the focal point of the card get enough attention too.

The focal points on my card consists of the cute critters from the EAP - Snug Bug and I die cut them with their coordinating dies.

I am using the Die cutting technique - to create a tone on tone background.

Products used (Linked below):

Snug Bug - Effortless Artistry Paper

Birthday Star Mini slimline die

Olivia mini slimline dies

Slimline Crafty hive para dies

Mermaid slim line para dies


Buzzing Bee Mini Note card

I took a yellow colored cardstock die-cut the second frame of the Birthday Star mini slimline dies and folded it in half. I also die cut the same cardstock from the Slimline Crafty hive para dies and cut it in a way that it fits the folded cardstock. The bee hive die cut fit perfectly on the panel as it's width is the same as the cardstock's, it was only needed to be trimmed at it's length.

I diecut a cute mushroom house and two bees and trimmed the sentiment - Buzzing by to say hi from the EAP - Snug Bug. I adhered the mushroom house with glue and to add some interest added foam squares behind my bees and the sentiment.




Lady bug hugs Mini Note card

My initial plan was to make just one! But they were so quick to make, I thought why not club more of similar critters and change the background. Now that I had used Bees, I thought of using the adorable lady bugs for my next Mini Note card.

I realised a leaf background will be great for lady bugs, so I took a dark green colored cardstock, just like earlier I die-cut the second frame of the Birthday Star mini slimline dies and folded it in half. Then for the interest to the background, I  die cut the same cardstock from the Olivia mini slimline dies and cut it in a way that it fits the folded cardstock. The width of the mini slim line die was the same as the cardstock's in this case too!

I diecut the adorable lady bugs from the EAP - Snug Bug and trimmed the sentiment - Sending you bug hugs. I adhered the tree trunk with glue and with foam squares added the upper lady bug and the sentiment.



Hoppy Toad Mini Note card

And then I thought let's get a Birthday Mini Note card made with the Hoppy Toad. 

I chose a Navy blue cardstock for the toad and die-cut the second frame of the Birthday Star mini slimline dies and folded it in half, just like before. I had the perfect dies for the background - Mermaid slim line para dies, that I cut with Navy cardstock and adhered on the folded Mini Note card.

I diecut the sweet dragonfly and Toad from the EAP - Snug Bug and trimmed the sentiment - Hoppy Birthday. I adhered the toad in the pool with glue and with foam squares added the dragonfly and the sentiment.



Effortless Artistry Paper are a revolution for card makers and scrap bookers. I know many of us love to color, but there are always times when you need quick crafts to be made. And EAP enable us to create beautiful and quick papercrafts with so much ease! If you have not tried them yet, then do have a look at the Lovely collection at Crafty Meraki.

Next time you need a Quick cards or have lost syour mojo - Crafty Meraki's EAP are the answer!

I made some beautiful cards with EAP earlier that you can check here  and if you need more ideas with these AMAZING EAP, hop on  to my You tube Channel where I have shared two more ways to use the floral EAPs and also you can start the You tube hop - for more amazing ideas.

If you've enjoyed this post and found it helpful, don't forget to share it with your fellow craft enthusiasts. Stay tuned for more inspiration and tips to enhance your card-making journey!

Sending Crafty hugs ~ Ishani

Comments

  1. these are so very cute Ishani - love your creative textured backgrounds, and the cute wee images are perfect on this size of note card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish