Delicate Dragonfly, Pass or Fail? When a CAS person tries MM

Hello my sweet friends, 

Firstly, I count my blessings for every view - thank you to all those who come to read my blog. I played with a Beautiful Butterfly die this month - you can see the my previous blog post using the butterfly and it was time to make my dragon fly shine!

Altenew Delicate dragonflies, Altenew hello beautiful craft your life kit, Altenew mixed media card, Altenew vertical greetings, altenew mix and match dies, Altenew 3d planks embossing folder, embossing folder techniques, quillish, ishani

When I had a fall, I requested my parents to come over and as my son has not been well - it was a great help.  So much help that I was able to sit in my craft room for a bit and thought of trying my hand at mixed media. The inspiration was the amazing Color palette at Altenew Inspiration challenge
Inspiration Challenge 2023 08 SQ Option 2 copy 1
The deck planks and the teal/turquoise got me thinking and because of I have been wanting to try mixed media, watching some amazing Mixed media artists whom I follow on Instagram - I went ahead for my playdate with some lovely products by Altenew.

Altenew Delicate dragonflies, Altenew hello beautiful craft your life kit, Altenew mixed media card, Altenew vertical greetings, altenew mix and match dies, Altenew 3d planks embossing folder, embossing folder techniques, quillish, ishani

I will not bore yo with how I did what, I am sure you are better at Mixed media than me, also it was just experiments with colors and textures and I didn't think I would make a card to post on the blog :P
I can't decide if it's good or not.. but man - how much I love this dragonfly!
Altenew Delicate dragonflies, Altenew hello beautiful craft your life kit, Altenew mixed media card, Altenew vertical greetings, altenew mix and match dies, Altenew 3d planks embossing folder, embossing folder techniques, quillish, ishani

Here are the products I used and I would love if you'd use my affiliate incase you like this card. For the background I used Deck Planks 3 D embossing folder. For my antique paper first I used one of the dies from Mix and match die set and cut out a beige cardstock. Did some stamping of some flowers from the Hello Beautiful craft your life kit and dry embossed the paper with the embossing folder from the same kit. I chose some inks and waxes and had some fun, but the CAS in me kept me in check, so I didn't go berserk with them!

Altenew Delicate dragonflies, Altenew hello beautiful craft your life kit, Altenew mixed media card, Altenew vertical greetings, altenew mix and match dies, Altenew 3d planks embossing folder, embossing folder techniques, quillish, ishani

Then came the time to make the dragonfly shine!! I die cut Delicate dragonflies from dark brown and teal cardstock and for the wings I add glue and sparkle to the wings and assemble my pretty lady.
I add Hooray from the Vertical Greetings and tadaaaa...

I made this card around10 days back. Life got tough and I couldn't post this card on time - doing it finally on 29th. Hope you like it :) There's one more I would want to share, hopefully I will get time to post it.
  
If you are new to my blog, I would love you to go through my You tube channel and Instagram. Here's a tutorial you may like :)

Thank you for stopping by <3




 

Comments

  1. An awesome card for a first foray into mixed media Ishani - loving your antique floral layer behind the gorgeous dragonfly. A wonderful result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish