Happy Rakhi with die cuts - Altenew

Hello sweet friends,

It's Rakshabandhan today, Happy Rakhi :) Both the words are the same thing. Rakhi means-  the thread and Rakshabandhan is - Tying the thread. It is to wish your brothers Good luck, pray for their well being and wish all things wonderful to them, in turn they promise to always take care of their sisters. If you have followed me at least for an year, you know that I am Hindu and we celebrate the festival of Rakhi. And surprisingly, in India this festival is not just only celebrated by Hindus but also by many religions. You can read more about this festival here. Historically men have always gone to fight the invaders and women have to be taken care of, the tradition has continued and it now symbolises love of a brother and sister.

A quick post - as these card were inspired by Altenew's August inspiration and I had made them quite earlier as I had to post the cards to my Rakhi brothers. So we don't just tie or send Rakhi to only our brothers but also cousins are considered brothers and then you also meet some brotherly figures in your life, who are not related by blood but by heart, so you can have more brothers.

Inspiration Challenge 2023 08 SQ Option 2 copy 1
The inspiration colors on Altenew for this month made me think of how can I incorporate them on my Rakhi cards. Also recently Therese had shared cards with these gorgeous Polish cuts and some where in my head when I had bought these dies, I thought they looked quite like Indian motifs too.


I used the colors of the inspiration for my teal card and because it looked good, I went ahead with more traditional Indian colors for the second card.

I used my most used die set - Altenew's Mix and Match frames for the outer border, Polish cuts for the design and the sentiment is by a lovely Indian Company - Crafty scrappers
 

The sentiment reads, Happy Rakshabandhan in Devnagri script which is used to write Hindi.
I hope you like them :)

For some CAS inspiration you can check my You tube channel

Here are some photos with my Rakhi brother. The envelope has the Rakhi - It is to be worn at an auspicious time and I wouldn't have been able to meet him at that time, so I just handed over the Rakhi to him - he will wear it at the right  time.
I am giving him card with rakhi and sweets

I am putting vermillion on his forehead

He gives me gift - money in this case :P

Joining in at





Comments

  1. A lovely tradition, Ishani, and loved the photos of you - you are beautiful
    Well done on your use of the die - that is impressive! and a pair of stunning cards
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Ishani! Brilliant colour combinations and layouts! What a charming tradition and a beautiful photos of you and your Rahki brother! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish