Quick & Easy Butterfly card with Layering Dies - Crafty Meraki

 Hello dear friends,

Today I am sharing a quick & easy card with the gorgeous layering dies by Crafty Meraki! Crafty Meraki has amazing collection of dies - stand-alone, background dies and layering dies, have a look at the beautiful collection - here. I am making a ‘thinking of you’ card today - as sometimes - you need a card for difficult days and you either don't have time to make one or are not in the right mood to do so. 

Butterfly Layering dies

There are two gorgeous Butterfly layering dies at Crafty Meraki - Luna Meraki and Emperor Wings and for my card today I am using the latter layering dies.

These dies are very easy to assemble and make great dimensional add ons to any project. You can see some  here  and here .

Products used (Linked below):

Emperor Wings Butterfly die

Special Delivery Stamp set


Layering dies, Quick and simple handmade card, ink smooshing, crafty meraki emperor wings butterfly die, butterfly card with layering dies, Ishani

First I created a my lovely layered butterfly. I cut the four layers of the butterfly with light blue and white for the bottom most layer, so it is sturdy when we add the upper layers. The second layer is a teal cardstock and the upper most layer was cut with a shimmery black cardstock.

I adhered the first two layers with glue and on the top most black layer I added glue only in the middle of the body so, the wings are popped up.


I wanted to create a background for the card and thought of the beautiful stamp set - Special delivery. But I didn't want to color the flower as I wanted my butterfly to be the star of my card. 

I smooshed some distress inks - Ever green bough, Wilted Violet and Faded jeans - added spritz of water and let a watercolor paper soak them to give an organic look. Then I stamped the stunning floral stamp and added clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.

Layering dies, Quick and simple handmade card, ink smooshing, crafty meraki emperor wings butterfly die, butterfly card with layering dies, Ishani

I trimmed the water color panel, added it on an A2 black card base and adhered my butterfly on the right bottom. To add interest, I added the beautiful sparkly Midnight illusion sparkles.

Layering dies, Quick and simple handmade card, ink smooshing, crafty meraki emperor wings butterfly die, butterfly card with layering dies, Ishani

I hope you like this quick and easy way to add interest to your cards. Thinking of you is a card I love to keep in my stash as it covers a lot of reasons I might need a card. I hope you will give this technique a try and make some quick cards with the layering dies. With some happy colors - it will make a prefect Birthday card too.

Sending Crafty hugs ~ Ishani

Comments

  1. Ishani this is gorgeous - I think the background is the star of your card ;) - I love it - I guess the careful use of the butterfly and image accent it to a degree. over all a gorgeous creation
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish