AECP 2 - Masking unleashed

Hello my dear friends,


I am back with my second last homework for AECP Level 2 and the last homework is also in the process of being photographed! We in India are facing heat wave going more than 46 degrees and our little Google meteorological frog says - it feels like 49 degrees 😩. The chores and cooking has become so draining that I really had to pull myself together to finish my assignments.

This project is for the Masking unleashed class by Svetlana Shayevich where she gives great tips and techniques for masking. I used one of my oldest stamps -Rennie's roses for it. It is sadly retired but the closest to it is the Rosie Posy stamp set


I chose two ways to mask - the first was to stamp flowers like she did in her lesson1 - with post it notes and then make cluster of flowers. Then I used her idea of masking fluid before blending the ombre background like she did in lesson 6. After the background was ready, I removed the masking fluid and colored my flowers with Zigs (I took them out after a long time and was glad they are not dry in this horrible heat yet). Some white splatters to bring the highlights of the grey flowers and the white heat embossed sentiment together and few half pearls too!


I am entering this card for the Altenew May challenge as well.

If you are interested in checking out my other AECP homeworks - You can see them here.




 

Comments

  1. Oh Ishani, take care in that heat - that sounds horrific - I think it's "too hot" at 30 oC.
    Your card is stunning - love how you have stamped the roses, and the grey with the pink background is so dramatic. Love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! Its so bloody hot! And the humidity is making it worse. But your card is a breath of fresh air. I dont feel like making ANYTHING at alllll. Kudos to you for crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning the $15 giveaway at the Altenew Inspiration Challenge, Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ishani, this is a wonderful card. I love the color story you chose! It is definitely hot in Florida, too! 96 F36C degrees and 106F with the heat index. It's only the beginning of June! I do all of my cooking first thing in the morning...and try to eat cold food...at least uncooked Stay hydrated! I can't wait for your Level 3 workshop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish