Guest Designer - CAS Stencil challenge

Hello friends, 

I am delighted to be the first guest at the new challenge in the blogland CAS Stencil! You can imagine my joy when I get an email from Loll Thompson ( whom I consider my Guru for learning techniques) to be their , Guest Designer. Their Design team thought my card (this) was good and I won their first challenge in January. 



This month we have a new challenge - Ghosting and I  was happy with this particularly because I had learnt it during my Inspired by Loll series of cards.  But that time I didn't publish a card with it because I thought it was too subtle an effect. But sometimes, that subtle efeect brings the card together.


For my card, I used two stencils for ghosting. First I blended Distress Oxides in two colours (mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio) and then lay my waves stencil and spritzed water, blotted with the tissue paper and got the waves. After it was dry, I again spritzed water through a sun rays stencil (with some masks) and blotted it. This gave me a beautiful under water scene, Then I took a star fish stamp from the set Fintastic birthday , coloured it with Copics and mounted it on a foam dot.

guest designing, Inspired by Loll, Itsy bitsy stamps, stenciling, stencil card, Technique card, Quillish, cards by Ishani, ghosting technique on cards

I hope you like my underwater - ghosted stenciled background and will give a try to this technique.
Few videos you can refer to for Ghosting with Stencils are


Something that I would suggest as I tried and failed many times is 

1. The effect will be subtle, don't fret! That's how it will be, go on build your card.
2. It worked better with Distress Oxides, not that Other inks aren't good for it, but the effect is more visible with Distress Oxides.
3. This stenciled pattern, I was about to put in recycling box, as I was not happy after I did the first waves ghosting, but let it dry, it will look better when it dries completely.

Hope you are inspired to take out your stencils and try Ghosting and play along at the challenge.

Happy crafting. 

Joining in at

Time out challenges
Using two stencils for ghosting.









Comments

  1. I love that you used two different stencils with this technique Ishani! You truly captured the feeling of the star fish under water! The yellow really pops off the blue - and what great suggestions you made when trying the technique! So happy to have you as our guest designer at CAS Stencil this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fantastic Ishani! LOVE that you've used layered stenciling for your ghosting. AWESOME. Cute design with your sweet starfish. Thanks for being our very first Guest Designer at CAS Stencil. We're so happy to have you sharing your amazing cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a beautiful job with the Ghosting Technique, Ishani! I love how you layered your stencils and your color palette is gorgeous! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month...I always enjoy seeing your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I’m blocked on IG, I guess I’m going to visit more blogs. 😉
    Congrats on not only GD, but being the very first GD for CAS Stencil. Beautiful underwater scene. Love the colours and thanks for the tips. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ishani, wonderful job with the ghosting technique and that's the perfect stencil for your starfish. I can just see the sunlight streaming through and the ripples in the sand :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful underwater scene.this technique is new to me but you have inspired me to try my hands on "ghosting technique". Congratulations for GD spot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool wavy affect with your ghosting Ishani, just perfect for you little starfish, lovely card and thanks for being our guest this month at CAS Stencil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool and interesting technique ishanI! Hope to try this out soon! Brilliant way to create perfect underwater scene with this technique! Love it ishanI! Congratulations on your GD post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Ishani for your GD post ! And I love your beautiful card ! Your starfish looks so lovely over this stunning ghosting background. Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the watery background you have made for the cute starfish! Beautiful colours and design. Thank you for being our Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy you did not give up on your ghosting technique, Ishani. Your underwater background was perfect for your sweet starfish. TFS your tips (advice). I agree totally! So pleased you were our 1st GD on CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card, the subtle ghosting looks as if it is viewed from under the sea, if you know what I mean lol! Love the colours too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card with a stunning technique. Love the way you used the two stencils, so creative and the colour choice is striking....Love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all .... it's lovely to have you as our first GD on the CAS Stencil challenge.
    I love your little underwater scene, using the two different stencils gives a fabulous effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the Guest Designer spot at CAS Stencil, Ishani!
    You created a beautiful underwater scene with the ghosting technique. It's a fantastic idea to make waves and sunlight, using two stencils. The yellow starfish looks so adorable against the beautiful blue/green.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so fabulous!! I've never tried this technique (I'm not very experienced with stencils) but must give it a go as the effect is amazing. Love how the 'sun rays' go right on the star to highlight it and the slight black frame with white border really makes that blue jump off the card. Always so excited to see you at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That background looks absolutely stunning, love all the different color hues and you've achieved amazing results with ghosting! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your GD card. This starfish is so cute and I love how you used two different stencils for the ghosting. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like how your card looks. I had never heard of the ghosting technique before. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations mixed media challenge. I am going to have to try this technique sometime. Always have something new to learn. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your sweet starfish is definitely enjoying her underwater world Ishani :) That's really a beautiful technique, I love it. Love seeing your entry at STAMPlorations Mixed Media March challenge and best of luck.
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations {Mixed Media Design Team}
    Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}
    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish