TO - Welcoming Goddess Lakshmi - Diwali card

 Hello everyone,

We have a new challenge at Time Out  and it is Down to Earth with optional twist of using kraft cardstock.

Our fabulous sponsor is Alex Syberia Design. The winner will receive a $15 gift voucher to her amazing store HERE!

For my card I chose the Hindu belief that on Diwali day, Goddess Lakshmi comes DOWN TO EARTH from the Heavens above (sitting on clouds). For which we clean and make our homes pretty with beautiful designs on the floor. Do you remember this card? Where I also made Her feet with Rice flour paste? She is the Goddess of prosperity and wealth. You can see coins coming from her hands and being dropped DOWN TO EARTH. This is quite a literal translation of what we have heard and made me chuckle :D when I thought of this design!

Itsy Bitsy Lakshmi stamp, Lakshmi card for Diwali, Crafty Meraki Dance with me Slim line (mini) dies, Diwali cards, Diwali crafts. Crafty Meraki embellishments, Golden illusion sparkle, Quillish, cards by Ishani, Time out cards

I stamped the cute Cute Goddess LAkshmi from the Good luck stamp set  by Itsy Bitsy with a waterproof ink and watercolored with Zig markers. I used the Golden illusion Meraki sparkle for the coins that are coming from her hands and because She is a Goddess and they have a kind of aura/energy coming from them I used this gorgeous Slimline die - Dance with me by Crafty Meraki.

Itsy Bitsy Lakshmi stamp, Lakshmi card for Diwali, Crafty Meraki Dance with me Slim line (mini) dies, Diwali cards, Diwali crafts. Crafty Meraki embellishments, Golden illusion sparkle, Quillish, cards by Ishani, Time out cards

We have the very talented Elizabeth Stewart of Paper Sweetnessas our guest this time. Don't forget to stop by at her blog to see the beautiful card she has for our challenge and join us with your take!

If you have been looking for some ideas to use your embossing folders, check out this video -

I would love you to check my Instagram account, where I share more !

Thank you for stopping by :)




 

Comments

  1. Ishani... love your adorable Diwali goddess...the card has a wonderful aura! Thank you ever so much for inviting me to be a GD at TIME OUT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vibrant colours and the way you give a so different example for inspiration! Love that image and the blue background with the punctered figure is so beautiful! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ishani, I love this fantastic take on our challenge. Such a wonderful design and I love the colors - so bright and cheerful, and I love when you share your traditions through your art.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish