TO - A Cardinal - Miss you card

 Hi friends,

Altenew Cardinal stamp, Cardinal cardmaking, CAS card, Clean and simple card, Winter card, Winter cardinal stamp Altenew, Poppy stamps Flowing curves die, quillish, Ishani

We have a Cold wave warning here and a perfect time for a new challenge at Time out challenges - matching our weather right now! We challenge you to be Inspired By Words. Our inspiration today is a Haiku poem by Matsuo Basho. His poem is "Winter Solitude".

Winter Solitude - 
in a world of one colour
the sound of wind.
~ Matsuo Basho
Our wonderful new sponsor is Stamp Simply and they are generously offering a $25.00 store credit to our winner.

I must admit, Inspired by words is a challenge - that challenges me the most. Do I think of the message conveyed through the words? Do I pick just a word and play around that? I think I picked both this time and chose to make a Solitude - Miss you card. The world of one color - made me think of the One color you may see in the whiteness other than grey - the bird - Cardinals, bright red in Snow. Also, Cardinals represent devotion, loving relationships, courtship, and monogamy and they surely make a great subject for a Miss you card.
Altenew Cardinal stamp, Cardinal cardmaking, CAS card, Clean and simple card, Winter card, Winter cardinal stamp Altenew, Poppy stamps Flowing curves die, quillish, Ishani

I kept the design very Clean and Simple using Altenew's Winter Cardinal layering stamp and the lovely dies by Poppy Stamps called Flowing Curves. Do you notice the Love songs of separation flowing in the wind? The Solitude in the Sound of the wind? I mean I added the curves, so it made a heart. The sentiment is from the stamp set I had used in my previous card Modern Swans Stamp set.
Altenew Cardinal stamp, Cardinal cardmaking, CAS card, Clean and simple card, Winter card, Winter cardinal stamp Altenew, Poppy stamps Flowing curves die, quillish, Ishani

We are joined by Fran Wing of FranmadeInOregon, as our Guest Designer. Don't forget to check her beautiful take on the words.

I hope you like my card and will join us with your take. I have some ideas for CAS cards on my You tube channel. if you'd like to watch.  Thank you for stopping by :)

  


Joining in at










Comments

  1. This is beautiful Ishani! I love the cardinal and the die cut swirl you added reflects the wind perfectly... So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant use of the inspiration! So creative to use the flowing curves for the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Ishani - you've captured the essence of the haiku perfectly! Your layered cardinal is lovely, but I think my favourite element is the swirls in the shape of a heart! Beautiful my friend! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardinal is so beautiful, and the swirls make me think of the wind. Wonderful CAS creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the all white with the pop of red! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one amazing card Ishani, I love it - and yes, I had noticed the heart!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful bird and with your CAS-design it really pops! Great card for TO and thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful CAS card, such a pretty bird!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple and Four Seasons.
    Diane SCAS and FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Simply Clean & Simple}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful winter card with us at The Four Seasons Challenge, Ishani! Nice to see you in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card! Love your interpretation of the poem. I hadn’t noticed the heart shape swirls, glad you pointed that out. Feels like a really special card! Thanks for playing with the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT KCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing more magnificent and eye-catching than a bright red cardinal perched in a snowy tree, Ishani. You captured that beautifully with your card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Thanks for visiting.

Ishani - Quillish